3 tbsp of vegetable oil (Olive)8 cups of water1 tbsp of pepper1 tbsp of salt1 large onion2 medium eggplant2 tbsp of saffron1 Lb. Boned leg of lamb or beef or chicken (cut into small pieces)½ tbsp of garlic powder½ tbsp of tumeric powder½ tbsp of ginger powder
2 yolks of lightly beaten8 cups of water½ cup of melted butter2 tblsp of salt3 tbsp of powdered saffron2 cups of long grain white rice1 cup of plain yogurt
1. peel off and cut the onions. Then mix with vegetable oil and broil together until it turns to brownish gold.
2. Add turmeric, meat, ginger, saffron and other spices.
3. Add 8 cups of water. Then allow the meat to cook until it becomes soft.
4. Peel of the eggplant and cut them into small rounds.
5. Use a skillet to heat up the oil. Then add the eggplants and fry until golden brown and drain afterwards.
6. Use a medium pot to boil 8 cups of water together with 2 tbsp of salt. Add rice when it begins to boil and let it stay for up to 7 min. Drain off and use cold water to rinse.
7. Cook the rice until it becomes semi-soft. This should take around 15 min.
8. Mix ½ of melted butter, yogurt, 1 tbsp of salt, 3 tbsp of saffron and yolks together in a big bowl. Add rice and mix again.
9. Put half of this mixture of rice in the bottom of baking dish.
10. Add meat and cover again with some of the mixture of rice. Then add eggplant again and cover with the remaining rice mixture.
11. Press the everything gently with your hands to compact the ingredients.
12. Puncture around 10 small holes in a foil and then cover the dish with the foil.
13. Use a preheated oven to bake at 400F for around 25 min. Afterwards reduce the heat to 250F and bake again for around 40 min.
14. Turn over everything onto a plate.
15. Then slice into triangle pieces and serve.